Monday, April 1, 2013

A FLORAL FANTASY AT SCRAPBOOK PLACE

A floral fantasy for sure - I wish every rose I have in my garden were this pretty!  I do love flowers and I do love butterflies, isn't it a treasure to just think of the many ways we can use them on cards and other paper projects.

SCRAPBOOK PLACE CHALLENGES is giving us a chance to participate in a 2 week long challenge with a theme of FLORAL FANTASY.  Come on over and check the group's blog out.

This particular beautifully pre-colored rose comes from the FRED SHE SAID store and the link is:  Fred's Flowers v5 - A Lovely Blossom & Butterfly Coloured Decoupage Kit and just follow the link here to see how many different flowers and other items you get with the stampset.  It's unbelievable - it's beautiful!

I layered the various flower leaves and added a 3 dimensional butterfly with a bit of stickles and glitter everywhere.  I added a bit of Liquid Pearls in the center of the flower.

Everything comes in the stampset - you need only select the colors, print and fussy cut and then work with the paper to get it to rise like a real petal!

The interior of my card is an Easter verse which can be purchased HERE.  The card was sent to my gf in northern WI who lost her husband a few months ago.

I hope you had a beautiful Easter - and now our hearts and minds turn towards a beautiful spring!  I gave my cats a bit of dried catnip for a spring treat - and below are a couple photos of Chumley and one of the woods critters having fun!

LORD CHUMLEY - having a blast!
Even our resident possum came out for a few tidbits - now we're so anxious to get the garden planted - NEXT WEEK!

3 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow! This card is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! Love the flower and the bg is soooo cool. It doesn't happen often, but I think I actually like your inside better than the outside (and your outside is really special). What a great inside sentiment - the BEST! Impressive stuff here! Hugz!

Crystal said...

Beautiful card and I love the sentiment. I'll be checking out that link you provided. :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Linda, Such a pretty card. I just love the lovely blossom set and the papers that come with it, they are so stunning. FSS has so many stunning images. I love the added glitter sure adds a nice touch.
Hugs, Pat

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!