Monday, March 4, 2013

A WAY WITH RIBBON

 WOW, Cheryl Alger is at it again!  I just adore her images because they are fun to color and always remind me of something in childhood.  This one is called A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS and is at Squigglefly's store, if you just click on that link.

The challenge is to use ribbon in some way OTHER than tying it in a bow.  I took spring spring colors after debating whether to go birthday or spring......and after today's huge snowstorm it was not problem - WE WANT SPRING!

She's colored with copics also - I kept her clean and simple with just a faint outline around the image and some grass.  I let the shading do the talking on this one.  Added a bit from my stash and wallah, I have a beautiful 6x6 to go any way I please with it!
 
 So come on over to the SQUIGGLEFLY BLOGSPOT CHALLENGE and possibly win yourself YOUR CHOICE of a stamp set.  And don't forget that all thru the month of March, there is a fantastic sale of 15% off all your purchases - just use the discount code "spring15". 

5 comments:

Holly said...

Very cute card Linda. I love your rick rack ribbon at the top and your little flowered ribbon is perfect with this image!

bumblebee creations said...

love this--perfect embellishment to add to your fun rick rack ribbon!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
What an adorable image and your ric rac ribbon is awesome! Wonderful coloring too.

Carolyn Cochran said...

Love the colors Linda! All my favs~ and the image is perfectly colored as always!
Carolyn

nwilliams6 said...

What a sweet card Linda - that image (which you colored fantastically) really involves the viewer and makes you wonder what she is thinking. Happy card - love it. Hugz!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!