Sunday, February 17, 2013

BUTTERFLIES AND MARIGOLDS

Don't you just wish spring was here in its entirety!  I am soooooo waiting to see flowers and butterflies again!  This year on Feb. 10 I sent my daughter Shelly a vase of springtime flowers with some faux monarch butterflies - made her day!  So I've chosen to create this card from FRED SHE SAID and it's called MARIGOLDS AND MORPHO SETS.

It's a 6x6 mounted on a scalloped blank card front from a friend of mine.  I layered various papers and gems and thread chains.  I actually had to create the initial layer because the green I had left in my stash was too too bright.  So I used some suede pearl mist on it.  I used icicle stickles on the wings of the butterfly and a beautiful yellow liquid pearl drops on the centers of the marigolds.

The sentiment is Psalm 63:7 - one of my favorites for lifting me up some days!  Have a great week!

1 comments:

Janet Kay said...

Beautiful card, blue and yellow are so pretty together! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!