Saturday, January 12, 2013

IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING SWEET!

OUTLAWZ CHALLENGES - CFC FREEBIE CHALLENGE 
CFC123012

Are you like me - just love to dabble in hearts and flowers and of course chocolate candy and cookies right around the beginning of February?  It's so much fun to make cards and give them away or send them onward to surprise a friend.  We have special birthdays in February too which makes it even more fun to send cards with hearts on!  My youngest daughter and my sister were both born on the same date - Feb. 10 twenty years apart - and my husband's youngest daughter was born on Feb. 13th!   And another daughter was married on Feb. 14 in Hawaii.  And the list goes on............I'm sure you kwim!

There is a wonderful challenge at Outlawz called CFC FREEBIE CHALLENGE.  Click the link and see what it's all about.  This weekend there will be new freebies out - all you have to do is enter and then be given new freebies when the time comes around again.  This time I received this darling princess, a wonderful gooey looking cupcake and the cutest snowman family.  I managed to get all 3 colored last evening in front of the tv and am putting them into the contest today.

Above is what is my version of an easel card.  I started with a 6x12 base and added a 6x6 card to the folded front.  Put a few raised goodies on the base and the card stands open.  I included a lovely ATC card I was given around this time 2 years ago - and it fits so beautifully on the base of that card.  

I needed something to replace my Santa card that my friend Pat M. sent me for Christmas.  I've had it sitting on the tv all this time.  I will indeed save that for another year - in a box all its own.

BTW I was chosen to be spotlighted for this month in Decosse's Dynamite Doodles, Designs with Destinction.  It's fun to follow Lisa - she has freebies too - but I love her style of friendship and blogging.  Drop on over and check her out and tell her Linda sent you!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Linda!! I love the papers and the coloring is perfect!Congrats on the spotlight!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!