Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A SKETCH AND A BIRTHDAY CARD

Wow, we had a busy day today.  We both are retired but fail to really understand the meaning of retirement.  But it's all in a good day's work.  So come evening, I just had to get my colored images into cards - well try at least.  I did get a birthday card done.  We have 2 people in our family that have birthdays just days within Valentine's Day and it is always so much fun to make cards for them.

Well I already had the image colored - Cheryl Alger constantly contributes to our Squigglefly index of images and I soooooooo love her images.  In fact at Squigglefly, there is this grand image called BUNNY CHIT CHAT and it is one of my favorites for Easter greetings...the fun greetings.  But she also has a darling image called KITTY KAT CHIT CHAT that I chose for this birthday card.  And in my usual 'lucky' style, I had enuf Valentine type stash sitting in the corner of my table and just went with that, but yet following this sketch from OUTLAWZ WEDNESDAY SKETCH.
THE SKETCH FROM OUTLAWZ - SC010913





  
BIRTHDAY CARD
(USING a lot of really good stash!  But the fun was really in the coloring of the images!)

This card is also entered into Cheryl's challenges this week - CLICK HERE! I'd love to see you enter something as well! 

BTW, here's what my husband works on at nite when I'm in my craftroom.  This is a 1,000 piece puzzle and it took quite awhile. But he is relentless.  He just started another one so I got a photo of this one before he put it away.  in fact, there was one bare piece in the puzzle and I took my copics and colored it up for him.  One would never know where it is now.  :)

Have a great week!



6 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

SUPER adorable and I LOVE your coloring. Yep. . . it's a keeper for sure!!!!
So glad that you played along in the challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's!

Carolyn Cochran said...

Love your card Linda-you did Cheryl proud with your artwork!
Carolyn

jkreucher said...

this is one of my fave Sassy Cheryl images too! lovin anything with a cat on it!
what a great card, awesome coloring and design!
I agree with you on retirement, where do the days go and how did we have time to work!
thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
Judy

Dawn said...

how sweet!
thanks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Ann English said...

Great card! Wonderful that DH has a hobby, too ;-)
Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy CHeryl's CAS challenge!

Pat said...

Oooh...I love this card! I have the image where the girl is chattin with the bunny! They're both so stinkin' cute!! Oh...and speaking of cute...love your blog! Especially the falling hearts!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!