Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WOW It's Wed. and I Need to Hop To It!

Yes, it's Wed. and my desk is a total mess - I couldn't actually stand far enuf away to catch it all so am just giving you a glimpse.  A couple days ago I got this crazy idea of cleaning up, kwim?  That's the toughest challenge on earth for me, because when I tend to clean and organize I find more projects to start before I'm even thru organizing!

So bear with me, here's the desk table (and no kidding, it's a real picture):


So here's the project I've been working on (PHOTO AT BOTTOM OF POST).  I had an order for 10 completed cards with the Perfect Potters Bench by image artist Lynne Stansbery.  It appears that order has fallen thru, no money down anyhow, so I decided to turn those cards into Christmas cards.  Now here's what the potter's bench image looks like, just click:  PERFECT POTTERS BENCH
and this was my card in March 2012.  But the cards I am working with for this project now are just plain no embellies but they are all colored...and waiting...
(earlier card showing Potters Bench)

So on with my story.  Now my friend Pammie hand punches the most darling wreaths ever - so I anticipated using those wreaths on my Potters Bench cards and going from there.  But alas, I didn't measure item to item, and they were beautiful, but too large right now, so have chosen then to find my own wreaths, color and fussy cut and attach.
(card showing wreath on lamp post)

So now I found the wreath I like - was using it on other cards - and that image is: HOLIDAY LAMP POST.  Check out that wreath on my card above (it's actually coming up in a future post as well).  

But as far as the wreath goes, a little digi cutting, printing, coloring and cutting of the wreath times 8 - and wallah I now have my PERFECT POTTERS BENCH CHRISTMAS CARD.  I also managed to use up my tiny red ribbon and tiny green ribbon - all in an effort to use up more and more stash daily here.  Oh and I also used the last Noel Rub On I had in my stash - woo hoo!


What do you think?  Here's my card(s) - hope you like and maybe I've inspired you to do something different and create a card out of something that was just sitting there, kwim?  I've decided to join one more blog - and that is Julia's blog WHAT'S ON YOUR WORKDESK WEDNESDAY!

I am also entering into the Squigglefly Winter Wonderland Blog Challenge - come on over, it's only 1 week long.

And btw, while you are here on my blog, please sign in as a Follower,  At 100 followers, I am giving away a Stampset to some lucky person!  

13 comments:

  1. Linda how creative you got to save those cards! I love how they turned out! And yay for you using up your stash! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards. And your desk looks a lot like mine, sure you did not just take a photo of mine??? lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards are beautiful thanks for sharing :)

    #11 Apryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have "recycled" the images to make Christmas cards! My desk is always covered with stuff..never clear.
    Hugs, Renee #103

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what you did with those gorgeous cards gf! And I'm jealous that your desk area LOOK SO GOOD!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. using stash is one of my fun things to do I love what you came up with thanks for sharing Pegg

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making so many beautiful Christmas cards! Way to go! And Thanks for sharing them and for joining us at Clear it Out for a month long Christmas challenge!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I love your space! I didn't play WOYWW this week and almost missed your post. I would have been very sad not to see your space. Looks like you have a lot going on there. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Linda, just popped by to say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I am now following and looking forward to getting to know you too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your cards & your wreaths. Love it when a plan comes together.......even if it ends up a bit different than when you started. It all came together beautifully. (by the way.....I love your crafting area.....I have to use my dining room table.)
    Thanks so much for joining us for our special December giveaway at the Clear It Out challenge blog. We hope to see you again!
    Huggies & Blessings ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, your ink pad, pen, reinker, stickles organizer looks amazing! Is it something you purchased or had made? I don't think I have room for something like that but I would love it if I did! :) You have a very nice spacious work surface, thanks for sharing it with us. Deeyll #122

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful! the wreaths look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to chuckle with your craft room photo! I do the same thing! I really do try to clean and organize; but, find too many unfinished projects that MUST BE DONE! Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!