Monday, October 8, 2012

WOW! Specialty paper - pull it out for SFC4012

GOT YOUR SUNGLASSES ON???  THIS 6X6 EASEL CARD HAS SHINE!

October 8th Holley's Hobbyists are throwing a wonderful challenge at us.  So get out that specialty paper you've been hoarding (like I did) and grab an image at Squigglefly's shop and join in the challenge.  You have a full week to enter and you could win some awesome stamps!

Here's Holley's instructions: Specialty Paper--add a specialty paper to your card, maybe something glossy, transparent, vellum, pretty printed paper, some fun mulberry paper, great corrugated paper, shiny metallic paper, or how about some neat glittery paper.  If you are like me, you have so much paper around you, it will be hard to choose!!  Add as little or as much as you like, as your card base or as embellishments on your card.

Well my special paper has been hiding in my paper organizer for awhile waiting for that special day.  It's very strange paper - very rubbery on one side and yet this sparkly showy gold/black/brown on the opposite side.  I love it anyhow and it worked great for this card.

This sweet little FAIRY is the production of Fawn Palmer and she debuted in our shop on October 6th.  With all the beautiful color around right now in the Midwest I could not help myself and had to place her in a fallen leaf.  Now guess what!  I got the fallen leaf from another stampset of Squigglefly called HALLOWEEN CAT - but I must confess I had to seek the guidance of my photo program GURU Charlene to get the leaf cut away from the image!  I then enlarged, painted with my copics, and cut it out and pop dotted it on this easel card.  The fairy has 'stickled' wings over a very pale green copic color.  Then she was slipped inside the leaf just a bit to appear to be sitting within the confines of that leaf.  Cool huh?  Thank you Charlene!

5 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

WOW, your specialty paper sure is stunning and that image is gorgeous. What a delightful card Linda. Great work for this week's challenge. Cheers, Holley

Melissa said...

Spectacular! Love the colors!

Holly said...

I am in awe Linda. Your idea of having the fairy sit inside this leaf was such a genius one! I think your background paper is amazing. It looks like the leaf is floating on water that's sparkling in the glow of the sun and this little fairy has made it into the perfect little boat for herself! Fantastic job!

Tammy said...

Wow beautiful card and beautiful color combo! Love the background!

wannabcre8tive said...

A really gorgeous card and I love the specialty paper, I can see why you have saved it. Great job.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!