Monday, October 15, 2012

SFC4112-RRR-Music - SQUIGGLEFLY CHALLENGE

Did you know that the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer song started life in 1939 as a poem written by Robert May, an advertising copywriter, and it wasn't until 1949 that it became a song?  I found this info on the net!

 I chose clip art from 

A 6x6 card; I made my own background using the words of the song.  The clip art makes card making so easy, it's unbelievable!  I had a few die cuts in my Christmas stash, just begging to be put on a card.  I hope you like it!

Come on over to Squigglefly blog and enter a card using one of their digis - anything to do with music!   You could win the right to claim one of Inger's complete clip art.  

Meanwhile, let's revisit Rudolph's song - everyone, together, and a 1 and a 2....

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Song Lyrics

Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw him,
you would even say it glows.

All of the other reindeer
used to laugh and call him names.
They never let poor Rudolph
join in any reindeer games.

Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say:
"Rudolph with your nose so bright,
won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

Then all the reindeer loved him
as they shouted out with glee,
Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer,
you'll go down in history!

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Aren't you just full of information? Love the card the image is adorable and I'm so impressed that you made your own background paper. Very pretty!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty, I loves the silver border and the notes. A wonderful layout, too. Thanks for the info on Rudolph, I thought the song had been around a lot longer than that.

Melissa said...

Perfect card! That background paper is great!

bumblebee creations said...

what a gorgeous card--thanks for printing info--I love your music notes what a fun touch!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
Your card is so very pretty and elegant. Arent' these images just beautiful?! I used one of the images from A Joyful Christmas as well. All the added details and embellies are awesome!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and wonderful background! Love the music notes.

alethea said...

What a beautiful Xmas card!!! Stopping by to thank you for entering my blog candy!! Wish you luck in the draw!! Hugsxx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy moly! this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

hugs :)

Pat said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Love that new clipart and paper that Squigglefly is offering!

Patricia St Martin said...

Clip art is beautiful and I love how you show cased it with the beautiful layout. Love your corners and the music notes.
Hugs, Patricia

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!