Sunday, September 30, 2012

NEW BLOG AT SBP - And it's October!

HALLOWEEN KITTY BOO
The first day of fall came and went this year with a real cold snap in our area of Wisconsin.  A true freeze but at least we successfully covered some of the late vegetable plants (broccoli, more lettuce, finishing of tomatoes, finishing of squash) and my lovely roses!  What a weird year tho.

But I love the colors of fall, the smell of the leaves passing into a new generation, and the welcome back of the birds that have been feeding away on the thistles and other seeds not found in my bird feeder.  I even saw a green goldfinch this afternoon - seemed very apprehensive so I suspicion a newbie to this world and soon to turn yellow and black.  I quickly went and filled the finch feeders as well.  But he was so adept at splitting sunflower seeds I was surprised and stood and watched for quite awhile.

Below is a sketch given to us at Scrapbook Place to prepare an October themed card.  What do you think?  Did I do it well - it was fun anyhow.  If you get time hop on over to the Scrapbook Place blog and check out other cards and projects!  
And have fun this fall!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!