Monday, September 3, 2012

MY HEART PIECES SPONSORS SALS

I've taken on a second role as a Design Team member - filling in for a lady who left at Seems a Little Sketchy.  I thought perhaps it would be fun and so far it really is.  Last month I was one of the 2 Guest Designers for SALS.  Thank you so much to my new friends for allowing me to join for a little longer.

My Heart Pieces is a fabulous digi site!  This month Seems a Little Sketchy is being sponsored for 2 weeks by MHP and I received 2 beautiful digis to work with their sketch (below).  Now keep in mind that all you need do is design a card using this sketch........easy peasy!

This lovely peacock sitting on a tree branch with its mate is all done with Twinkling H2O's - a medium I have not used for a long time, so it was a relearning experience that I truly enjoyed. All of the colors are very vibrant so the photo doesn't do it justice.

But if you want to try them, just use your waterbrush or a fine haired artist's brush and sit back and let the colors dance around you.  I found ways of going very light, mixing colors and using true depth in colors.  Again, this peacock image is available at My Heart Pieces.

And now on to the 2nd card - you all know I never make just one card when I get on a roll.  But instead of 4 of a kind, tonite I'm doing 2 different ones - in different mediums - but from the same company.
Bathing Fairy
For this medium I used all copics with a touch of liquid glass on her wings and Icicle Stickles on her bubbles!  What a warm relaxing bath can do for you - CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

Again come on over to Seems a Little Sketchy and try your hand at our sketch - it's super easy.  It's the choosing an image and getting moving that is sometimes the tough part.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team Linda!! Two gorgeous cards you've created here!! Such wonderful coloring!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the SALS team Linda! And I love both of your cards for this sketch! So pretty!
    Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!