Monday, July 23, 2012

SFC2912 - IT'S PAPER PIERCING TIME!

 

Image Artist Louise Gardner
Available now at  Squigglefly!

This is a 6x6 card with the fold on top.  The lovely green backing is a smooth rich feeling dp, as well as that balloony looking orange shiny dp.  Found these in my stash.  I also saw a challenge that inspired me to combine those particular colors.  They may be my new favorites!  But alas, let's get back to the challenge!

Use paper PIERCING on your card

Our challenge - to paper pierce; not paper piece, and I found great instructions at Scrapbook.com - just click on my above link to take you there.  Super easy - just tedious.  So haev your reading glasses handy and prepare to get dot crazy!  You do not need anything other than a simple free template downloadable from the internet and a piercing tool or thumbtack or straight pin with nice head to hang onto.

I had a long corsage pin perfect for my hands - but i can't say as much for my eyes.  Wow, you can feel a bit tipsy staring too long at your work, so take a break.  2 different designs are created when you pierce a paper - a flat side and raised side.  The flat side is on the same side as wihch you are working.  The raised side is on the backside.  I preferred the raised effect for my card.

You also need a thick mat so when the needle/tack/piercing tool goes thru the paper, it doesn't mar up the surface under your image.

Then use chalk/paint/ink/or leave as is as I did on Kraft paper - your choice - to bring out the detail of your design.

And good luck, hope you like the way I did mine, and decide to try your own.  It can be a piece as simple as a small tag or an embellishment - so come join in our group challenge at Squigglefly (CLICK!) and be sure that you use a  Squigglefly imagel


Chumley says 'hi'!
(those are rain barrels in the window that are EMPTY)

6 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, Linda, such a darling card! The image brings big smiles! And, oh my gosh, the piercing is utterly fabulous!!! Oh, and Chumley is gorgeous - give him a rub under his chin! My two cats always like that!

Sharon Jones said...

Absolutely elegant piercing on your beautiful card, Linda! I love it!! Give gorgeous, sweet Chumley a hug for me!
Your teammate, Sharon

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, Linda, your piercing is just over the top. The penguin looks great with the frame around him.
A perfect card for the challenge.

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card--you did a great job with the piercing!!

ladybugstampers said...

Linda this is great I have not tried paper piercing yet but I think I now have to give it a try. Looks like fun. and I love your photo of your cat it reminds me of my mom's cat who was very loyal to her. Great job.

Holly said...

Finally getting some blog commenting time! I love your elegant piercing on this. Super cute card with the butterfly and lovely flower.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!