Monday, July 9, 2012

SFC2712 - Paper Piecing with Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals

The challenge at Squigglefly this week is to paper piece 'something'.......your choice, the image, the whole card, a project, whatever!   And I chose to use up a lot of my miscellaneous stash and created several cards - 3 below.
 
Image artist: Sandy Sommerfeld
--THE WHOLE BIRD!!

 Dangerous Wizard - artist Mike Eustis
 --THE WINDOW SHADE

What a wonderful challenge at SquiggleflyBlogspot!  How long has it been since you paper pieced an image or a project!  What fun!  I kept it simple just for fun on this A2 card.  The ability to keep it simple allowed me to make 12 variations of this card using the 2 images provided and resizing them before printing for both 6x6 and A2 cards.

How did I do the paper piecing?  For Flower Power Chick, I selected 2 colors other than my white sheet of cardstock and printed the same image on all 3 papers.  Then I selected which portions of the pink and yellow I wanted to transfer over to the white, did some fussy cutting and gluing.

And guess what - no coloring on this card!  WOO HOO! 

On The Wizard I just printed twice - once on my cs for coloring and just a portion of DP for the shade.  I then fussy cut and glued the new shade adding a few tracing elements to make it look a bit more real.

For Flower Power chick, my embossing was done after the bird was done - no sense in a lot of work if I should ruin the image huh?  I could think of a lot of sentiments for the inside - one of my fun ones was: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a few credit cards and a good flea market!  Try to paper piece something and enter our challenge Squigglefly Blogspot - you could win some stamps!






9 comments:

Holly said...

Two fabulous cards Linda and have to tell you that I will steal that sentiment of yours about the journey of a thousand miles! I love it!
Your flower power chick is fun and funky! The wizard card has just the right amount of darkness to it. You have framed the image beautifully!

wannabcre8tive said...

Love your cards, they are all super cute. I love paper piecing and wonder why I don't do it more often.

Tammy said...

Simply adorable cards! Love the papers you used and of course, the images are fabulous!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, wonderful job on all the cards - they are all adorable as can be!! They all made me smile - cute, cute!

Holly said...

oops! I see now I somehow missed the first card! You made three! I love the bright yellow in the first card and those little green checkered heart brads are such sweet embellishments!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just adorable Linda! These images are super cute. I love that little chick, she's a cutie!! Great paper piecing. Cheers, Holley

Patricia St Martin said...

Linda, Thank you for you lovely comment. I also just love Birds. I feed them all year and my back yard is always full of birds. I wanted to share with you I did do a Blue Jay
if you have not seen it you canclick here I hope my link for you works it has been a long time since I have done one.
I love cards that have paper pieced and it has been a long time for me. Your birdie are so darling and I love the paper you have chosen. Your first card is so bright and cheery and the love the punched edged and the green hearts. Second card, WOW for you dp, just love the sentiment and your flower is wonderful. Third card another wonderful card and just love the dp.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Patricia

Lisa M said...

Fabulous paper piecing! Love this challenge and your card is sensational. :)

Charlene Mitchell said...

I'm leaving this comment for ALL your cards on your blog page! Wowzers! You are such an inspiration with the cards you make Linda! I just love them all! Your colours, your sentiments, the layouts - oh so cute and your colouring is just awesome!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!