Sunday, July 1, 2012

SBP Salutes our Freedom

IMAGE ARTIST - PAMMIE LEHTO
I colored this image with copics, and used various embellies from my stash.  I was missing my favorite fireworks stickers tho - and couldn't drive 35 miles just to purchase them!  This image is being entered into the SALS (Seems a Little Sketchy) challenge.

 One lucky hopper will win this digi as well as a patriotic themed goody bag!


On Independence Day, may the Fourth be with you!
This lovely little robot is an image by Mike Eustis that you can pick up at Squigglefly

Welcome to Your Scrapbook Place Blog Patriotic Blog Hop! The theme is love of America and the color RED. If you're coming here from Carolyn's Blog, you are on the right path. If you lose your way, you can start fresh at Your Scrapbook Place.

  From our local newspaper, I find:

WHEN OUR FLAG PASSES BY

As we stand along the parade route
And you look up, down the street,
The bands, floats and activities,
Fun is had by all you meet.

Then as center stage, right on cue;
"Our Grand Ole Flag" come into view.

The hats begin to come off...
A hand placed over our heart,
With goose bumps on each arm,
That feeling begins to start.

Veterans give a firm Salute,
As a few others do too,
As we all remember who fought 
And gave for this proud
Red, White and Blue.

I never was a service man,
But am so proud of those who did,
Who gave their all with dignity
And died, so a free country
We could live.

Veteran Memorials are
Conastructed in all small towns
All around.
 So we may honor our soldiers
Who served on Patriotic Ground.

Our flag flies on flag poles,
In frnt of businesses and our homes,
To give us all pride, Remind us Dear God
Please bring our soldiers home.

From men, women serving in
Hospitals or in the battle fields. 
Let us all remember for freedom
Our flag will never yield.

Our veterans gave all they could,
They couldn't have done more,
So now it's time as Americans to
Honor them from shore to shore.

Our flag brings us happiness...
But sometimes there is a tear,
Glory has a price to pay,
We've seen it through the years.

So hold your heads high,
May our honor and love
For veterans never die,
May we all get a special feeling
As we see "Our Flag Pass By."

By: Kevin B. Wilder, Potosi, WI
June 17, 2012

Each participating designer is in the running for prizes, too, so leave a little love at each blog along the way. If you become a follower, let us know who sent you, so that design team member gets a chance for a Crop-a-Dile Big Bite!!

Blog hop order

Pammie
Judy

Contest winnings: Random blog hopper who comments wins Pammie's image and goody bag from group

Random participant wins Squigglefly image from Pat Martin

Random group blogger and participant wins box of papers from Melissa Random participant wins trip to Funshine vault.

Random group blogger who gets most new followers to SBP Blog wins Crop-a-Dile Big Bite.
Please leave me a little love, sign up as a follower on everyone's blog and when you come back to Scrapbook Place's blog, tell them who sent you - and don't forget to be a follower as well!

T

14 comments:

Pat said...

Love your cards!! I'm having trouble sleeping so I thought I'd hop early.

Holly said...

oh my gosh Linda, these are awesome and I absolutely LOVE your "may the fourth be with you" sentiment!

luvmycards said...

Linda great job on your cards! Love all the layers!! That SF digi is just too darn cute-will have to go check it out!
Carolyn

luvmycards said...

Linda great job on your cards! Love all the layers!! That SF digi is just too darn cute-will have to go check it out!
Carolyn

Angelicnwa said...

Great job on the cards! I love the may the Fourth be with you! I LOVE puns!

Sue in CT said...

Wonderful!!!! I love your cards. When our flag passes by is such a wonderful touch to add to your blog.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just wonderful! May the Fourth be with you!! That's too adorable! I love that robot card. I am gonna buy myself that stamp.

Pammie said...

Love the poem and the card, Hope it gets you some winnings.

Teresa said...

Awesome cards! That heart background paper is soo cute! Great layering and coloring..I'm amazed at how we can all use the same image but they are all different yet beautiful!
Hugs,T

alethea said...

Fabulous card great take on the SALS sketch! Thanks for joining us!! Hugsxx

paperfun said...

Terrific card. I love your sparkly swirl (it looks like a firework.)

I also enjoyed reading your poem. My husband and I are both veterans and our son is now serving in Afhganistan. Thank you for your tribute.

Thanks for getting sketchy with us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

Mari

Penberthyrn said...

Hopped in. Love the egg!

Penberthyrn said...

It's not an egg I guess but a chick... The heat made me see things. Haha!

Shwlly

Barbara said...

Linda, your cards are amazing.. I love them.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!