Monday, June 11, 2012

SFC2312 - RHONDA SAYS SHAPE UP (your card)!

This is a long post as I have 3 lovely cards to show you. I actually learned how to put an image on a baseball. Check it out!   I stared with a clip art from the net of a baseball, and imported BUDDIES (by Lynne Stansbery) onto my clipart resizing as I went.  I then colored with my copics and developed a card with my nesties to accompany the softball/baseball image.

Note the tiny buttons - those are made from clamshells found on the Mississippi River area.  We have people who dive for them and sell them to entrepeneurs.  I thought they added the perfect touch to this card.

 Now check out the inside of the card (below) and you will see a great sentiment from Chesney Young - both are available at Squigglefly's Shop!


I can hear you now - you're saying oh how cute - a rubber duckie!  Why is it everytime we see a yellow duck we assume it's a rubber duckie!  Must be leftovers from childhood!

Anyhow, our challenge this week at Squigglefly is to create a card of a different shape!  Wallah - I had the perfect card in mind.  I needed a couple baby cards.  I had 2 new digis from Squigglefly's One a  Day in May!  Wow, did you sign up for it - well if not, please do next year!  All I can sayt is wow!

The Quack Me was one of the images, and then there was a whole set of images for baby cards called Sweet Baby Text by Jess Holland, so i chose to use them as well. 



This card actually revolves its 4 pages out to you on small brads.  I used my cuttlebug and spellbinder dies to do the various die cuts and did some xyron mounting.



This is the front and last pages with the center pages rolled together.  I chose the star circle spellbinder because of the baby being very important to these 2 households.

This is the 2nd card I made using the same methods.  A loop of ribbon on top will allow it to be hung from a special area announcing baby's arrival.  This card is easily slid inside an A2 type envelope.

Come on over and try this challenge - any shape card - use an image from the Squigglefly store - and we hope you win a free dimi set!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Both cards are absolutely terrific! Love, love the baseball card, the ball looks real!

Pat said...

Linda, these cards are awesome!! I love that image and how you pushed it to a new level with the baseball shape! And the Rubber Ducky-wasn't that a fabulous image from the One a Day in May promo?? I love your falling, circling design!!

Holly said...

wow Linda you did an amazing job on this. The baseball was such a great idea! I love the buttons. Yourbaby cards are precious. Really sweet and it was a great idea to add the looped ribbon for hanging!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Linda, these are all amazing! WOW!!!!! That baseball card is unbelievable - it looks like a real baseball! And those baby cards are so adorable! You ROCKED this challenge out of the ballpark!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
What wonderful cards and awesome coloring!! I love both cards - big smiles!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

These cards are just great! That baseball card just blew me away and the multi drop down circular card is just fabulous! WOW. Amazing work Linda. I can't wait to see what you make for the blog hop. Cheers, Holley

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!