Saturday, May 5, 2012

NURSE'S DAY - MAY 6 and thru 5/12

Available at Squigglefly.com - just click the link!

This card came to me partially created from my friend Carolyn C.  I decided to go a different route with the final creation.  It even has an easel on the back so that someone can stand the card on their desk during Nurse's Week!  In the photo below, there is a quote matted as well as a gift envelope with some 'fun stuff' and all will be clipped to the inside with a lovely heart clip - you can see that at the top of the card.

Nursing is an art:  and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation, as any painter's or sculptor's work; for what is the having to do with dead canvas or dead marble, compared with having to do with the living body, the temple of God's spirit?  It is one of the Fine Arts:  I had almost said, the finest of Fine Arts.  ~Florence Nightingale

National Nurses Week is celebrated annually from May 6, also known as National Nurses Day, through May 12, the birthday of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing.

I salute my youngest daughter Shelly and all her nursing friends as well as my sister Marlene and my friend Teresa, all who are enjoying the greatest profession ever!

HAPPY NURSE'S WEEK!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great, great card! I have a new appreciation for nurses over the past year. They deal with things and people that no one else wants or can deal with.

Holly said...

Great card Linda, and everything you said is so true - nurses are God's angels! I love the way this open ups and your coloring is just awesome!

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is so awesome Linda! I love that you coloured Shy Bear in brown tones (I always seem to go with grey) and the bright pink really pops! Great card and love all the detail!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!