Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dragonflies and Lotus Flowers! SFC0812


 Holley's Hobbyists' SQUIGGLEFLY CHALLENGE SFC0812

For this spring card I chose to use 2 Squigglefly images which are readily available in the STORE right now.
Just click on the image and it will take you to the sale page.


The card is a 6x6 and btw I use 6x6 CTMH white cardstock for great strength in these lage cards.  I combined 2 beautiful papers - the yellow is actually embossed in glitter and the floral/heart piece is one I've used before on this blog and love it to pieces.  I put vellum over that section to mute it a little bit as I wanted the glittered wings of the dragonfly to really stand out.   The lotus was colored with copics and I used a nestie to double mat everything.  I fussy cut the dragonfly and pop dotted it away from the page but attached 3 of its legs to the page, to give it better stability.

Basically, this is a good representation of spring in our section of Wisconsin.  The Mississippi River opens up and the sand bars warm so we can enjoy a picnic while watching the dragonflies hatch.  Did you know that the favorite food of a dragonfly or damselfly is mosquitoes?!! 

Happy Spring!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Stunning! Love the dragonfly. Looks like it just landed!

Diane said...

Very nice card...love the dragonfly!

luvmycards said...

Linda, I love the blues and purples on the dragonfly and the effect of the vellum!! What do you mean when you say "fussy cut" the df? I love everything about this card!
Carolyn

Sue in CT said...

What a beautiful card! I love dragonflies too although I never did one like that. Beautiful!

The Bee Hive said...

Beautiful! I can't wait for the real ones to start buzzing around at the lake!

Holly said...

Beautiful card Linda! Your combination of images is great and I love the vellum on this! Your coloring on the dragonfly wings is amazing!

Stacy H-W said...

Very pretty card!! I love the use of the vellum. Hope you are having a good weekend!!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Like everyone else I love the dragon fly! It looks so real!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, don't know how I missed this card. It's just amazing. Great work.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!