Sunday, February 5, 2012

TOPSY TURVY VALENTINE!

Your friendly Squigglefly Shop

Did you have a favorite top as you grew thru childhood that you had to fight to get back from your brothers?  I did!  I remember it so vividly.  It was RED and YELLOW!  

And I saw to it that my girls had one or 2 or 3 also!  It's part of life!  If you can master a top, you can master your life!  I promise.

I really wanted to do something simple with this card (4.25X5.5) so I limited myself to elements.  I wanted the spinning tops and the off balance nestie behind the tops to kind of give us the motion of the tops spinning.  I had thought about buttons and all that, but nope.  The top is such a simple toy - every child should have one - and now every valentine giver should consider making a valentine with a top on it!  What do you think?

4 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Love your clean card! Such pretty paper in the background and I like the tops!

Holly said...

Linda you definitely nailed the look of movement! I especially love the shadowing you did! the little heart brads are SOOOOO sweet!

Melissa said...

Love these punny Valentines! Great job!

Kathy Bradley said...

I had a red and blue top when I was a kid - and lots of kids would get together and see whose would last the longest!! Your card is awesome - and it brings back a fun memory!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!