Monday, February 6, 2012

SFC0512 - A Tidy One Holer Birthday Card

CHALLENGE FOR WEEK OF 2/6/12 - SFC0512 - BIRTHDAY CARDS
Birthday cards are the challenge for this week. Any card/project to do with Birthdays.
A great deal of tongue in cheek fun is meant for the wishes this birthday card carries!  I have a cousin who will just screech when she receives this!  A fun gal anyway!  The image was launched the weekend of Jan. 28 and is "A Tidy One Holer" by Lynne Stansbery.  

I chose to keep the size of the card to 4.25x5.5 and even though my handpainted sunflower in the left corner is pop dotted, it will not go out of the postage rules and cost me $ to send.  Everything is in copics as usual, I hope you like my choice of colors and the fun intended with this card!

BTW, if you haven't checked out Charlene's tutorial in PDF format on working with images, please take a minute to do it.  Just click here:  http://www.squigglefly.com/tutorials  You can actually print out the pages so you can follow more slowly, but I found it very easy to work from my screen.

Have a happy one!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Love this card. It is a hoot! Many people today never had the "pleasure" of using an outhouse. My father's family got indoor plumbing very late on the bayou - 70's. As a matter of fact, when I visited them as a child, it was still there and my grandfather still used it from time to time. He said it was his own little place!

Holly said...

I love it Linda, and I love your humor! You are wonderful at coming up with sentiments girl! Your big sunflower is a great embellishment that goes perfectly with this - It really makes the whole card look dimensional.

Kathy Bradley said...

I haven't colored this one up yet - but your coloring and card are so pretty and this is, by far, the nicest outdoor convenience I've ever seen - pretty card!

Tammy said...

Ha-ha, love the funny image and the sunflowers are perfect! Great birthday sentiment as well.

Shawna said...

Too funny! Love that giant sunflower.

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! :)

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Birthday Sundaes! :)

hugs,
Jo:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!