Thursday, February 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Queen Bee - SFC0512


My queen bee is buzzing around the yard collecting honey for her birthday cake!  We have a number of birthdays this month, and one lands the day before Valentine's Day.  So how perfect - the Queen Bee can lighten some one's day very soon now.

This card is a 6x6; colored with copics and a bit of Glitter and Liquid Glass to spice things up.   Funny thing about her nose, I wasn't sure how to treat it.  Then I figured why couldn't she just be wearing a mask to help against her allergy to bee pollen!  And then I raided my valentine stash and found a lovely ribbon and metal heart slide I hadn't used, and it all came together quickly.  The paper and ants and grass are all out of my barbecue folder, but who would've known?

This digi is an awesome one to purchase from Squigglefly, make yourself up a birthday tag or card and enter it in this week's challenge!  Perhaps win yourself another digi!  WOO HOO!!!!!!!  BZZZZZZZZZZ!

6 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Very cute!

Holly said...

oh gosh I am laughing at your pollen mask! How creative is that? It's just so funny to think of a bee allergic to pollen! I really love the red and black you went with on this too Linda. That heart ribbon slide is the best!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That's super cute, I love your ideas on this card, that stamp is adorable and I love your coloring. Love the ribbon (and how you stapled it). What a fun card.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness--is this just the cutest card ever!!! Love it! Thanks for joining squigglefly this week!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card made me laugh out loud - the image is darling and the pollen mask is so perfect. I love your DP and embellies - wonderful!

Melissa said...

Too cute! I love those ants at the bottom. Great touch.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!