Monday, February 6, 2012

Cup of Tea Please? - SFC 0512

A cup of tea and a beautiful cup of flowers - all lend themselves to a birthday card per our Challenge at Squigglefly Blog - SFC0512.


I love a cup of hot tea - steeped to perfection!  I love the flavored teas as well as the blacks and greens.  But no tea cup is more beautiful than this tea cup filled with roses as illustrated by Marla Shega!  And so ultra easy to color and display on my eldest daughter's birthday card.  She's a real vintage type gal - a bit too young to have lived in that era (she's only 47!!!) - but somehow her life just blossoms in vintage style.  So I know this cup of roses will be adored.....perhaps accompanied by some real ones! 

I pieced 2 sections of papers to get my 6x6 front and then colored some paper lace with a copic pen to get the shade I needed.  Yeah, did you know it's so much easier than having real lace on hand?  My ribbon is not that orange in real life - I'm afraid the flash on my camera just popped the color a bit too much.  But we'll live with it.

Come join us this week in the birthday challenge at Squigglefly's Blog Site - the theme is birthday, just make a birthday card, as I have above!  And oh yes, I forgot to photo the inside, it's Victorian too!

4 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Your card is beautiful! You showcased the image perfectly!

Holly said...

Gorgeous card Linda! Your delicate coloring is awesome, and the background paper goes perfectly! Your little bubble words are wonderful. You really have an eye for picking out elements and papers that go well together.

Kathy Bradley said...

I almost bought this image the other day when I picked a few others up, it is beautiful colored up. Your card is gorgeous!!

Shawna said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I bought the image and can't wait to have time to do a card. Love the addition of the little clear word baubles.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!