Tuesday, February 21, 2012

BIRDS OF PEACE - SFC0712

New release 02/18/12 - Squigglefly
Betsy LePlatt - image artist

Here's a card I made for the Squigglefly Challenge this week. The theme for this week is "Use Yellow Anywhere on Your Card".  WOW, that is so easy - who doesn't love a great sunny card picking up everyone's day!  Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals Design Team members are showing off their talent.  Now it's your turn to pick an image from the store or from the Freebie Store, finish it off with a bit of beautiful sunny yellow in it, and enter it in this week's contest for some FREE IMAGES!!!  Your choice of images............can't beat that!

My card is a 6x6 (mounted on YELLOW!), and I colored the Birds of Peace (Mourning Doves) by reviewing a bird book.  Birding is my favorite pasttime!  We do have a lot of Birds of Peace on our property come early spring thru the fall but then they leave for a warmer climate.  You'll notice the ice covered branches in the foreground - I used a Ranger gloss over the branch to bring out that cold shine of an early spring day!  Even the clouds remind me of our early spring we are about to have.

While I liked the CAS effect, I do think I probably should have used a bit of ribbon atop the heart.  Well that can always be added, right?  As it was I was happy to find back my cloud stencil!!! 

So sunny up your day and join us in Rhonda's Sunny Challenge! 

6 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Speaking of love, I love your card!

Holly said...

Great card Linda! I love how you did your sky and putting ice on the branches was genius!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
Beautiful coloring of the lovely birds! And, I really love your sky - which I cannot do - it never - ever turns out! Very pretty card!!

bumblebee creations said...

this is just gorgeous Linda! what a perfect entry for our squigglefly challenge this week!

Stacy H-W said...

wow! Love this! Take this as a compliment but I thought this was patterned paper until I read that you stamped and colored the birds!! Go you!! awesome job!

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!