Monday, January 30, 2012

SFC0412 Get the Red Out!

THERE ARE 2 CARDS IN THIS POST - be sure to scroll down and I'd love to hear your cmments - negative and positive.  Thx for visiting.

The theme for this week's challenge at Squigglefly is RED, show me the Red. Or show me all the REDs....this could be perfect for those valentines that are getting worked on or if you want to go in a different direction and have a funny bend, we all know what people who are seeing RED means. I have seen some adorable stamps for people who need to blow off their steam, lol!

SFC0412 - GET THE RED OUT - SQUIGGLEFLY CHALLENGE 
(THERE ARE 2 CARDS ON THIS POST - Be certain to scroll downward)

But I did not go that way entirely.  I did make up 2 cards - one for a birthday sdhown above and one for a valentine, shown below.  I went the traditional red card and everything is in red on the birthday image. The designer of this image, Betsy LePlatt, has appropriately called it SWIRLY BIRTHDAY BALLOONS!

I've used red everywhere - except the gold outline for emphasis and drama and the silver icicle Stickles that outline the swirly balloons.  Those balloons remind me of the balloons the clowns used to give us when we went to the circus.  They would create animals out of those long balloons and give them away.  These make a lovely bouquet!

The gold in the red ribbon and the gold in the card kind of play off one another, don't you think?  A bit of red distressing around the edges of the card - a very easy Birthday card for someone nearest Valentine's Day.  Or simply make the card up without the birthday greeting and have a great valentine! 

 The following image is from Squigglefly also.  I hope you like it.  I hope even more my friend likes it.
Image is by Lynn Stansbery and is called: 
BTW, have you noticed the great tutorial we now have  for using digi images?  You'll find it at the top of the following page:  http://www.squigglefly.com/tutorials

"NEW! Sizing Digital Images in Serif PagePlus Learn how to resize and place digital images using PagePlus, a free software program. Tutorial by Charlene Mitchell. "

Come join us - LET'S PLAY IN THE RED THIS WEEK!

9 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wonderful cards for the challenge. I love the 2nd one that shows off those legs!! That's one for those of us who walk 10-20 miles a day. Woo hoo. Hugs, Holley

Melissa said...

Beautiful cards!

THERESA said...

They are both gorjuss, love the legs, lol, gotta get me some of those super ones.........hehehehe
lotsa luv

Holly said...

Linda these are both fabulous! I really love how you did the first card! The glitter on the swirly balloons with the heart gems is a really wow factor, and your ribbon is great.
Your second card is such a fun one. I love the funniness of the image and sentiment, and your coloring is outstanding. The little "be mine" heart by the sentiment is a cute touch!

Tammy said...

Both cards are wonderful! Love the sentiment on the first one, perfect to express birthday wishes.

bumblebee creations said...

i just totally love that first card! So elegant! And the second card is too cute!

Charlene Mitchell said...

I love what you did with the swirly balloons - the glitter and the hearts are a beautiful addition. Great idea for a birthday card. The 2nd one is fun and your colouring is great!

Stacy H-W said...

Both cards are great!! I especially love the second one. I will be checking out that tutorial next!! Happy Tuesday!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

I'm playing catch up as my computer crashed and burned. I'm still trying to find everyone and get them back into my favorites. Whew, my poor brain can barely handle it! Love both of these. Such beautiful work!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!