Monday, January 9, 2012

It's a New Release from Squigglefly!

I received so many beautiful gifts for Christmas from friends - total surprise gifts usually by mail!  And just in time to help me say thank you to all my friends, Squigglefly is releasing a new image - one of several - named EUGENE!  Eugene's artist is Sandy Sommerfield.

What a treasure of a penguin fellow too - sucking on a wheat straw!  I wanted to put a real wheat straw in his beak but it would break up in mailing, I fear.  I do have some tho in a lovely dried bouquet on my desk!

I used my copics as usual on Eugene - did a triple matting of various papers on hand - put a piece of dark red magic mesh running across the center topped with a golden punched piece of cs.  The sentiment is computer oriented - so  you could use any text with Eugene and literally color him myriads of colors.  I was thinking of the Green Bay Packers green/gold after last week's win!!!  WOO HOO!  GO PACK!

So hop on over to Squigglefly and check out ALL OF the new releases.  They are all on the front page and just waiting for you to snag one and take it home with you to your computer!  If you are a bit apprehensive about using digis there is a tutorial there for you as well!  It doesn't get any better, right?  In fact, did you know that you can print a digi facing right or left - depending on your crafting need?

And come on back tomorrow and check out another image!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Love Eugene!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Love your thank you card! Such a cute image! Hope you are having a good morning!

Tammy said...

Cute card and wonderful image. I love the "dots"!

Holly said...

I love the coloring you did on this Linda, especially love the softness on the penguin. Very cute card!

Shawna said...

Super cute! Love the addition of that mesh.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So cute! The penguin is adorable. What a great card for Challenge #1. Cheers, Holley

bumblebee creations said...

I love this card linda!!! Way to go!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Linda,
Eugene is so adorable and colored perfectly. I love the matting on your card and the awesome DP. The punch strip across the center of the card highlights Eugene perfectly. What a wonderful card!!

Sandy said...

Hi Linda!

Its Sandy - Eugene's artist! I love what you have done with him! He'll be awesome in Green Bay colors too!

Glad you had fun with my image!

Sandy :)
scribblesbysandy.blogspot.com

Stampin D Amour said...

Hi Linda - this is so darling!!! I esp love any image that is screamin' to be colored! xo

-pamela :)

debbie said...

great card.. love how you colored him
thanks
Debbie

Sandy said...

Hi Linda!

Can I add Eugene to my blog gallery - I'd like to show what has been done with my images... :)

Sandy S :)

Stacy H-W said...

I'm totally loving Eugene!! Great card!

*Alison* said...

congrats on being one of the random winners on the alley way stamps blog :) hugs

Charlene Mitchell said...

Great job with your first DT Challenge card Linda! Love your editorial even though I know NOTHING about football! Super job with Eugene!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!