Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas From Our House to Yours

 Our last snowfall (not counting last evening's dusting) spread a beautiful layer of white snow everywhere. The weatherman says it could be all we will see for the rest of 2011.  How sad!
 Our Christmas Tree has been totally decorated since Thanksgiving; the great grandchildren enjoyed this room immensely playing games and then hiking outside with even a hovercraft ride.  Now the tree sits anxiously for our get together - and it's bursting with gifts; most of which are home made!
 This beautiful crocheted tree just needed to be posted as part of my Christmas this year.  My plans are to make more after the holidays.
 A closeup of some areas of our tree - note the tiny crocheted ice skates.  The reindeer on the right is about 51 years old and was given to me by my favorite teacher in eighth grade at a Christmas party at her home.
Here's Chumley.  One week ago Chumley had surgery on the left side of his neck below his ear.
It was a very large ugly long lump that kept oozing.  Vet prepared us for the worst and that being chemo therapy and all the ugliness cancer brings with it, as he was fairly certain it was cancerous and malignant.  We had the surgery and he sent the mass to the pathologist.
This a.m. Dr. Teasdale called with wonderful news - altho it was a cancerous macroadenoma (where have I heard that word before), it is benign and should never return in any form again.
 Tinkerbelle spends yet another Christmas with us.  She's eight now - and as vibrant as a kitten.  She's a blue himmie.
 Princess Raggs loves lying in the bay window.  Eat and sleep are very important to her at 10 yo.  She's a dilute calico.
Nikko shows off with his new early present from his groomer - his lovely sweater.  He really likes it too.  Dogs are funny sometimes.
A peaceful afternoon in the front room where everyone has a chair but me!

My wonderful husband found he needed to recreate the cat posts/beds as our cats are getting older now.  Chumley especially should not be dive bombing from 6 ft. up.  So he has larger stair steps and very accessible from the floor or the well cover.  That is Chum looking out sat the birds.  As you can see he takes up the entire bed.  Gotta love that cat!

I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a restful week afterwards.  This has been a tremendously 'heavy' year for myself and family with my hospitalization and all the medical bills and meds that came before I was even eligible for insurance of any kind.  We made it thru - Praise The Lord!  2012 will be wonderful to us all.

I will be creating cards and projects for Squigglefly after the New Year as I've been selected to be on their design team again.  I love this group so much it's a real treasure to be able to work with the best.  So til then, after New Year's, I will be posting various Squigglefly projects using some new to me images!  Cya then.  Sign up to be a follower.  Or just sign up via email.  Hugs to you all.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the lovely glimpse into your home!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

I love seeing pictures of your home! Looks like you are ready for the big day! I'm still scrambling but can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Merry Christmas my friend!

Stacy H-W said...

Linda, thanks so much for sharing all the photos! It was a wonderful glimpse info your incredibly blessed life. Look at all the wonderful things you have to be thankful for!! I'm so happy that your cats surgery news was so good! Thank goodness! I really, really love that crocheted Xmas tree! So neat! I wish you only the best in 2012! Big hugs my friend!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!