Saturday, June 4, 2011

Swinging Butterflies

Hi, Linda here.  My passion is butterflies.  So when I receive my new envelobox and boxer boards from Crafter's Companion I had to quick pop that DVD into my computer and look for fun projects!  I'm that way - never have quiet fingers ever!  Below is the actual outside of a swing card.
Have you ever seen a swing card?  They are so cool, it's unreal how much fun I'm going to have making more of them.  This 6x6 was created with some lovely black 6x6 stash I had on hand.  The butterflies were embossed, stickled and glitter distressed and then attached to the swinging frame of the card. Now you see the back side of the front of the card - another version of the same butterfly all done up with jewels and gold.
When you receive your boxer board with the Ultimate Crafter's Companion Advanced Construction Techniques DVD you will receive full instructions on where to use your stylus to lay out the frame for folding as well as the frame to cut on to expose your butterfly. 
I selected a darling acetate stamped sentiment I thought my friend will love.  She's been so helpful in some important factors of my day, I want her to know I do appreciate her.
As a final 'dress up' to my card I added 3 punched butterflies that I covered with Liquid Glass.  Overnite their wings will automatically fold up.  The paper I used was a dual sided purple/orange and the punch was a MS.

I hope I inspired you to try your hand at a swing card.  My next one will be even better - but I really love this one too!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Melissa Rhodes

Janine said...

GREAT card!! Love those butterflies!!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

LOVe that liquid glass effect and the butterfly is great. I am going to use my tool to make a card like this next time.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!