Monday, May 2, 2011

Vintage, Daisies and May

It's the end of April and I need a new May calendar for my desk.  I love creating my own 6x6 calendars.  I've also been playing around with Sheena Douglas' Paint Fusion techniques, so I chose a chipboard and completed a bunch of daisies on a crackled background.

First of all, of course I needed to do the chipboard and let it dry.  I really enjoy playing with these paints, and her wonderful idea of using PVA glue instead of crackle medium saved me a few $.  And now that I'm hooked all my cards are taking on a new look.  A wonderful DVD comes with the kit so we can refer back anytime by just popping it into our computer or taking the more leisurely course of watching it on the tv.

But anyway, I gathered my goodies and began measuring:
 Of course I still needed double stick tape/hot glue/pop dots and chestnut roan distressing chalk.  I do believe I'm having withdrawal from non-copic use tho.

Well here's my finished product using some of my vintage items I received from my friend who actually loves to make her own kits up.  They are just beautiful to finger and play with - much prettier than anything I've ever purchased.  I chose a bit of her hand dyed book binding ribbon and her yo yo button.  Note the pin stuck in the yo yo button.
Such a treasure for me to just look at daily thru our wonderful month of May.  I can use this calendar as a measure of my accomplishment this month.  I know I'm going to be trying to do better - I see so many flaws already, yet I have to accept the fact everyone starts somewhere, right?  It's inspiration for sure!

1 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

This is just lovely! Those flowers look like you could reach out and pick them. So dimensional looking and I love the colors!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!