Friday, May 13, 2011

SFC #97 - Challenge on Squigglefly

Shy Bear:  Hi Bella!
Squigglefly has a great challenge this week - SHAPED CARDS!  Thought I'd get into it so I chose one of their cute and easy to color Freebies.  They are there for everyone; go ahead and try one out.

Shy Bear was easy to color with copics.  I mounted him on an extra sheet of purple cs I had in my stash.  With a bit of punched lace for a bottom edge, I mounted the final on a yellow card back.  I also made him open from the right with a smaller hinge on the left.  The whole purpose was to stay away from square and rectangle cards, so I lopped off the corners to take away the rectangle feature.

I made up a cutesie bow and added a 3D butterfly to the bow and wallah!  Shy Bear can now join the group at Squigglefly and their new Shaped Cards challenge!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Linda this is really darling! How unusual to make it open from the left! I love your coloring on this, and the little butterfly on the bow closure is sweet. The shape of your card reminds me a tag! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word Linda!! I love this!! You've done a beautiful job coloring this cutie pie in! I love the purple colors and your lovely design too!! Such a beautiful creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge this week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!