Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Paper Piecing Holiday Cards - SFC - #99

Oh I loved this challenge from Squigglefly's Blogspot!  I had to get a few more Christmas cards in the works anyhow - and I had recently purchased this awesome Shy Bear:Candle Bear from Squigglefly.com.  Perfect excuse to enjoy some paper piecing and use up some of my smaller stash papers! 

Right away I knew what paper I wanted to use - I received it in a package of Close to my Heart and it was perfect.  I only had 2 6x6s of the patterned paper so printed wisely - doing 2 identical cards.  I added some copics to Shy Bear and some Icicle Stickles to the candle wax and Shy Bear's hat.  The tag was super easy to make just cutting around my sentiment "Happy Holidays" and remounting on a scrap of red.  Then a small hole with the Cropadile and of course, my favorite, CORD!  Love that stuff!

Hope I inspired you to try some paper piecing!  Come on over and visit Squigglefly's store and take a moment to enter their challenge on the Squigglefly blogspot.  Just click on those links, you'll love it there!

3 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

I'm so jealous...Christmas already? Really? This is precious and I'm very proud of you for starting so early. Well done!

*Vicki* said...

Oh you go girl!! I'm seeing people already getting a great start on their Holiday creations....LOVE this image and your striped paper piecing looks fabulous!! Such a beautiful Christmas creation with Shy Bear!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Squigglefly Challenge this week! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Squigglefly Team Leader

Holly said...

Linda, this really turned out so darling. I don't think I ever would have thought to paper piece a candle, but it's just the cutest! You picked some great paper - looks like a peppermint stripe! I really like your layout too, and the touch of sparkle is great.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!