Friday, May 13, 2011

HAMBO HOEDOWN 15 - Shade your eyes!

Hambo Hoedown 15 - BOLD, BRIGHT COLORS with PAPER PIECING
If you entered the Hambo Hoedown challenge last week you would have received this wonderful balloonist for free!  What a great stamp!  I'll be using her a lot because we are going for a hot air balloon ride!

I did some freehand cutting once I had the original image colored and fussy cut out.  With a double mount looking a bit like it was floating, I was satisfied with the front of the card.

I decided to make her unusual in that she has a fold at the top of the balloon and the card opens vertically.  Therefore, I put the image inside as below:
I then made a bow and attached it with hot glue.  She even has a bit of distress stickles around the top of the balloon basket, and the basket is paper pieced, fulfillng all requirements for Hambo Hoedown 15.

This project was a lot of fun and I encourage you to join us at the Hoedown weekly!

4 comments:

Karin said...

Love your shaped card and that colorful ribbon is perfect! Thanks for playing again at the Hoedown!

Holly said...

This is darling Linda! I love the bright colors and the bow at the top! Cute sentiment too.
How fun that you will be taking your own hot air balloon ride soon! Will it be tethered or will you be actually floating off somewhere?

Sherry H said...

Hi Linda, cute cute card!! It really pops with those bright primary colors! I love how you made it a vertical opening card--so neat!

Monica Hunter said...

Super cute Linda, and the ribbon at the top is the perfect touch! What a fun & happy card! Thanks for sharing this with the Hoedown gang! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!