Thursday, May 5, 2011

HAMBO HOEDOWN 14

DOTS AND STRIPES CHALLENGE

My challenge was to use Farm Chicken and DOTS and STRIPES on the project and get some respect for Farm Chicken(s).  Well, I needed a sweet birthday card for our youngest grandson Zach who will soon be 3!  WOO HOO!  I'm sure 3 year olds don't really care what kind of card they get, it's the gift with it!  But just in case, I gave him some darling Farm Chickens to talk about!

Are you looking for the DOTS and STRIPES??  Check their beaks!  LOL!

While going thru my stash I discovered some BoBunny paper I hadn't used - and those little birds on that sewn background called out to me to use the Farm Chicken somehow!  So I printed the digi from Hambo Hoedown in triplicate, did a bit of fussy cutting with allergy ridden eyes, colored with copics and did a pop dot assembly on the hillside with the singing birds.

Added a bit of whimsy with a birthday hat, a rub on wish and some fun balloons..........do you think Zach will like it?  Come visit Hambo Hoedown for prizes and a free digi image!

6 comments:

Karin said...

You are a creative genius with your dots n stripes! Very clever, very cute ;) I love that chicken, so I'm so happy you used multiples! Thanks for playing at the Hoedown!

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi! I love your papers, design and stitching!!

Shirley G said...

Way cool card. I love all the chickens and am sure your grandson will also

Joy said...

these chickens are so much fun, thanks for playing with hambo! JOY DT

Yolanda said...

Love their party outfitted beaks and the top hat. Your grandson will love it!

Melissa said...

Those chicks are da bomb! I love the way you made the background papers look like land! Very ingenious idea! Thanks for dancin' the hoedown!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!