Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's a Tut Challenge at Scrapbook Place



Today Scrapbook Place goes live with its very first Tutorial and inspiration examples.  While we are a very small scrapbook community, it has taken some time to get our blog up to speed.  But we thank Allie Gower immensely for all her help.  So for today, she's given us the chance to figure out how to do this tutorial in our scrapping and card making - just to make life a bit easier.  The reference tut is HERE!  Be sure to check it out.

My take on using this template will be the numerous tags I'm using in my Ancestry book I'm finally bringing together.  The tags will automatically be printed and I need only fill them in.

I recently found a couple new cousins with loads of info for me, and one of the cousins (Joan), actually had taken a trip to Mifflinburg PA - the home of my great-great-great grandfather.  As you can probably see the stones are written in German, and the church in the background on the left is still standing and has gone thru many owners as other proprietary establishments since Yost Fries passed on.

I very much am using up a lot of embellies that are only 2 or 3 of in this ancestry book.  I'm also putting in some antique style embellishments (call them vintage if you wish) but I'm waiting on them to arrive from my scrappin' bud Teresa in TN.  Meanwhile I have 2 pages ready to insert - using K&Co paper which I dearly love.

Have you tracked some of your ancestors yet?  Seems like it's the perfect opportunity to pass on some memories to your loved ones.  There are many places on the web that are free to track.  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!