Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's an Easel Easter!

First of all, I cannot believe how fast time is flying by this spring!  My husband and I are doing so much on our lawn and in the woods we hardly have time to stop and take a breath and admire the scenery!  I was very happy that Hambo Hoedown decided to challenge me/us with an Easel card for Easter; otherwise, I may not have had my Easter cards done!

Using Penguin Bunny (a free gift for participating last week) we were asked to refer to instructions given and try our hand at an easel card.  My very first - and I truly love them.  I used stash paper on hand, my copics of course, some glitter and Liquid Glass and my CTMH stampset for the Happy Easter greeting.  This particular Penguin Bunny will be going to my great granddaughter with a surprise gift for Easter.  Each of the boys will be getting a Penguin Bunny more appropriately colored for "boys".  :)

Oh btw, the green grass is cut from a paint chip!  Now how long has it been since you used paint chips!

6 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Aren't easel cards so fun!? Love yours and all the cute embellishments you added! Thanks for dancing at the Hoedown!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

I have never in my life thought to use paint chips on my cards. How imaginative is that! Glad you are ok, was getting a little worried about you! Glad you are just working!

Timbo said...

Beautifully colored penguin! The paper is really cool as well. Thanks for playing the Hoedown!

Joy said...

love easel cards, thanks for playing with Hambo Stamps! Joy DT

Anonymous said...

Love your cute card. And I just made a bunch of spring card using two full paint chips per card. Great idea using one for grass!!! Mary

Denise said...

What a beautiful Easel card! Your digi is adorable :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!