Friday, April 1, 2011

April Marches In with Hambo Hoedown 9

Each month I make up a simple desk calendar to keep right here by my computer mostly for inspiration!  Hambo's Hoedown 9 gave us a digi caterpillar to march spring in with bright green and hot pink!  I actually printed Mr. Cat out twice - once on the hot pink and once on the lime green and then cut various portions to reattach in the final setup.  A bit of white marker pen on his topside gave him a bit more emphasis and a few copics to darken his bottom side and he was ready to show off his "Sole Mates"!

The butterflies are from my MS punch and covered with Liquid Glass and allowed to dry, which makes the wings lift up and pose.   I used a darling glitter kit from my friend Anna on Scrapbook Place to sparkle up the butterflies!  Her kits are absolutely fabulous and can be purchased directly from her by clicking here.

Hope you like Mr. Cat and hope you come on over to Hambo's and join us.  There's even a great blog hop going on now at TALK TO THE HAM!  Come on over!

6 comments:

Joy said...

love the butterflies! thanks for playing with Hambo Stamps! Joy DT

Anna said...

Faboo calendar Linda! I just love your ease with composition and layouts (at least you make it look so easy). It's just lovely and I'm always so impressed with your talent and your creations. And thank you a million times for the awesome advertising for my glitter kits! Hugs, Anna

Judy Rozema said...

I like how you colored the body and shoes alternating! Neat idea for the calendar too! Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown!

Monica Hunter said...

What a fun calendar, and the "Sole Mates" made me laugh! The butterflies are just the perfect touch. Thanks for dancin' with us this week!! :)

Kathi said...

This is so cute! I love how you did the caterpillar, very clever! Love how you used it on the calendar and love the sentiment too!

Denise said...

What a darling calendar page! Love that you alternated pink and green. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!