Friday, March 11, 2011

Joan's Garden Challenge #9 - Think Spring

It was fun getting back into the swing of challenges again.  Life just got a bit too busy to allow much playtime.  But now that brother is better, hubby's birthday is over and the spring weather is making me feel better, this is my challenge production for Joan's Garden Challenge #9.  Her requirements were: 1. Use the colors orange and blue; 2. Create a card with spring theme; 3. Use a die cut; 4. Use a circle.


I recently received this awesome Tim Holtz spring image from a friend in our scrapbook group.  She had placed it on white cs and I wanted a hint of orange, so I got out my craft mat and first sprayed it with tiger lily glimmer mist and then just a hint of irridescent gold glimmer mist and let it dry.  The edging is done in Wild Honey distress ink (Ranger). The addition of all the embellies was easy - all were from stash waiting to be used.  The card front had been made en masse using up a lot of my DP and all I had to do was pull a card from my box of goodies.  I also left it open as to final spring theme so I could quickly add a sentiment when needed.

Hope you like it. Come on over to Joan's Gardens and check the other creations.

2 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

I love the fact that you have a box of cards all ready with DP already in place! Great idea. Love your card! Pretty! Pretty!

TaraG said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card, Linda! beautiful details! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!