Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's a Beach Theme at HAMBO HOEDOWN!

Come join our weekly challenge at HAMBO HOEDOWN.  This 6x6 card was created with the Hambo Pelican.  Color requirements are to use blue/tan/brown and make it a beach theme.  Very easily done tonite here in WI as we wait for yet one major snow/ice storm to hit us about midnite and continue for 36 hours.  OUCH!  I really would like to be in Florida!

The colors of my pelican look much MUCH better in real life!  My scanner is being balky tonite. 

DEETS are:
Paper from my stash
Magic mesh
Copics: W1, W2, YR31, YR00, YR61, E35, E00, B00, B02, B14, Y11
 and a bit of More Mustard Stamp'n'Write in the sand.
Lace created with MS punch

This card and many more will be sent to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin - Milwaukee in a CARDS FOR A CAUSE campaign going on in our Scrapbook/Card Making Group.  Come check out our blog!

8 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Ice? Oh my goodness. Please stay safe. I love your card and that it will be going to a good place. It will brighten some little someone's heart, I'm sure!

Timbo said...

Nice looking card! The mesh is a very nice touch. Very nautical looking. Thanks for playing the challenge!

Judy Rozema said...

Love the mesh and your coloring! Thanks for joining the Hoedown this week!

Colleen said...

Linda,
This guy is really cute! Your coloring look great. Great cause, I'm going to check out the blog.

Melissa said...

Lovin' it! The mesh is really cool. I also like the sparkle on the fishie! Thanks for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown this week!

Laura said...

Great card. Love the mesh :0)

Pat said...

Love this card, linda! I'm also loving the challenges at Hambo, thanks for the tip!

Anna said...

Very nice use of textures--the mesh is perfect with your beach theme. And your use of copics is fabulous. One day, I'll have my own copics, but for now I'll drool over what you do with yours.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!