Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome to the 1st Scrapbook Place Blog Hop for 2011!

Welcome to the Scrapbook Place Blog Hop. If you just happened upon my blog, please go to Lindsy's beautiful blog and start there, if you arrived here from Annette's blog, you are on the right path.
As you hop along make sure you leave a comment because ONE lucky person will win a free snag from the Emerald board!

I needed a birthday card for this hop at Scrapbook Place and also for a birthday this coming month and since February means Valentine themes, I chose to put the 3 together.   The Valentine paper came from my friend Tricia and I simply used various sheets of unknown designer companies in my layering, ending with a 4 panel on top evenly distributed.  I did 2 nestie die cuts for the focus point and fussy cut a birthday tag.  My distressing was done with Tim Holtz Photo Vintage and a combo with the Tattered Rose to get a lovely aged effect on all edges and the tag.  Ribbons were added from my stash as well and 3 silver skittles placed on the lower right of the circle nestie.  I stamped the flower (which looks like a Tim Holtz flower but is not) and added a bit of rose pink skittle to it.

I hope you like it!  Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my creation! Now if you haven't already, just hop over to Lindsy's place and her fabulous blog!

Here's the proper order of the blog:


Don't forget to leave a comment to become eligible for prizes.  Have an awesome crafting day!

12 comments:

Lindsy said...

What a beautiful card Linda! Simple, clean, eleagant, beautiful =)
Someone will love to receive this special card =)

Verna' Grant said...

Beautiful card Linda! Love the colors.

Allie Gower said...

what a beautiful card
have a great day hon!

Tricia said...

I love the entire card. And, you used my favorites--stickles. I am going to use this idea on some of my cards too.
Tricia

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What an swesome card!! I love it. The double layer nestabilities (with inked edges), all the ribbons, the background papers,...AWESOME work.

Hugs, Holley

A little bit about me and my life... said...

aww I was just here earlier and now I have to say I love your change of scenery and your card is very cute and dainty! (= thanks for all the work towards this hop!! I'm enjoying it!
Annette

ladyj said...

great card Linda :-) I need to use my nesties more!!

Anna said...

Beautiful work, as always Linda. I really like the color scheme and the soft flowers in the center. Just lovely!

Pat said...

Oopsie, posted on the wrong post!! Linda, your talent amazes me. I love this card, thanks for sharing!

Melisa Marie McConnell said...

Linda, VERY NICE!! I especially like the image at top because it looks like a "ticket". the No. 1 is super cute to add to it because it's like you're sending special birthday wishes to the number 1 friend. :)

I do like that you used valentine colors to go along with the theme of valentines for a february birthday :)

~Melisa Marie

scrappindianeh said...

Cute card...I absolutely LOVE pink!!! I need to blog hop more often...you've got some cute ideas on here.

Carol L said...

The background DP looks fabulous against this pretty flower! I love the colors and simple, clean design! Nice!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!