Monday, January 10, 2011

More 2011 Challenges!

I made this 6x6 Valentine's card for my friend in Louisiana.  We are in a monthly card swap conducted at Scrapbook Place.  Each month is a new theme, a new partner and lots of fun onboard.  All that was required this month is any type of window card.  So I chose a Valentine since it is getting closer to that wonderful holiday.

Luckily this card also fit into Joan's Garden Challenge.  So I decided to enter this card in Challenge #1 for 2011 since her requirements are:

Make a card or project this week and use the following:
1. Use some kind of animal, bird or whatever (my whatever is the quilled flower and making a heart out of rhinestones)
2. Use a floral background paper (Anna Griffin I believe)
3. Do something that takes you out of your comfort zone (matching up the 4 squares and putting the piece back together so it looks great)
4. Use some kind of Die (the tag is a die - the quilled flower was cut as a die in strips)


I distressed all edges with TH  Tea Dye distressed ink - love that stuff!  A rhinestone was hot glued into the center of the flower and leaves were pop dotted for emphasis.  I stamped On Valentine's Day in lower right corner.

Hope you like it.

4 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love that background paper and your rhinestone heart. Great job.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #1 Weekly Challenge. I love all the creativity.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Oh how pretty! Love the window effect and that paper is to die for!

Colleen said...

Linda,
Wow! What beautiful paper. Love that flower.

Janine said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!