Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Card at Joan's Garden Challenge #22

This was a fun card to make and it gave me ideas for my December 6x6 calendar, but alas no time to play with calendars yet!  I'm concentrating on breaking the 1,000 mark for cards in 2010, and it will happen!

Meanwhile this card is being entered in Joan's Gardens Challenge #22.  I coupled 2 6x6s and at the seam put up this giant ric rac.  I edged the entire card with CTMH White Daisy ink dye.  I have a new nestie now so I popped one out of white cardstock and then using my Tim Holtz Honey distressed ink pad I pulled the color from the center of the nestie outward, lightening as I go.  Ms. Tilda came from my awesome friend Glenda - she was a delight to color and sorry I'm not the best at keeping track of what copics I used yet.  I did use a sparkly white Luminarte for her little frills on the dress by using my waterbrush and drying it before I moved the color over on Tilda.  Tilda is pop dotted for dimension.  The gorgeous yellow flower was a gift also from my friend Mary in MN.  Various buttons and lots of white glitter all over finished up the card.  As well as glitter around the tag.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

You did this little one proud. I love the colors you chose for her dress! I'm so glad you have enjoyed her!

Colleen said...

Linda,
How cute is this! 1,000 cards you've been really busy:) Great card.

Janine said...

Great job Linda!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!