Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cards for a cause

Today I finished up 35 cards for a church craft sale!  15 were Christmas, 10 were birthday, and there was a mixture of all other occasions in there.  I hope they go well.  Meanwhile here is a little cutie I had made multiples of but varied the embellishments.  I am entering it in Joan's Garden Challenge #22.  It is one of 2 - the other one is a Magnolia image!  WOO HOO!  Slow going on that one!
Joan's Gardens Challenge #22
I just like this little snowman!  Got the stamp from a friend this past summer and have used it at least 100 times already!  This card is a 4.25x5.5 - the stamp is from Hero Arts.  I chose to paint him with acrylics using my water brush as well.  Very easy flowing.  The sparkly in the center of the small flowers and dusted over the snowman and the larger quilled flower is all Stickles spread with an artist's brush.  A piece of ribbon from my stash wrapped the card front before I attached it to the base.  The paper is from a pad I won at Joan's Garden Challenge.

Joan's requirements this time are:

  • A character ( preferably Magnolia or Sarah Kay) - I used my Hero Arts Snowman
  • Some thing that sparkles - Stickles on his heart, his belly and the flowers
  • Nestie by Spellbinders - New if you have one - 2 nesties behind the snowman
  • Greeting - "wishing you a warm nose and toasty toes" and I put another greeting inside
Hope your weekend was wonderful!  Keep your eyes pealed for the Tilda up next!

5 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Sounds like you have been one busy lady! Love this little snowman! Well done!

The Paper Princess said...

Wow, Linda - aren't you a lean, mean, card-making machine! :-)

Your card is adorable but what I REALLY loved are your calendars a few posts down! Don't have time to comment individually on all the posts, but I did some backreading to catch up and I think you have outdone yourself with your calendars this year!

Have a wonderful week and drop by and see what I've been up to when you have a moment!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Joan Fricker said...

Linda, I love this snowman and your color combinations. I hope you do really well at the craft show! You shoud with these kind of gorgeous cards.

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #22 Weekly Challenge. It is so much fun seeing all of the creative ideas.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Colleen said...

Linda,
Cute snowman! Really like the paint treatment!

Janine said...

Great card Linda!! Isnt that painting technique fun??

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!