Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trees, Thanksgiving and Joans Challenge #20

Joan's Gardens Challenge #20

As the wind blows around the upper Midwest it draws one's attention to the trees and how quickly they are shedding their leaves.  Each year is so different in our fall color - I have memories and photos of some awesome years and then this year has been one of those 'oh so so' years for us.  We have a maple in the front yard yet that still hasn't shed any and retains its green.

But in an effort to do a few Thanksgiving cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive, I decided to put together this one. It will be my pattern for a few more and also an entry into Joan's Garden Challenge whose recipe requires:
  • A tree (any kind)
  • An embossed object (not a background)
  • Something cut out with a die
  • Brads
The tree is created on an alcohol ink background and matted twice; the brads are 3 gorgeous heritage green brads from Creative Imaginations; the rectangular die cut is embossed with white CTMH ep and then a small maple leaf button affixed near the Happy Thanksgiving; I also cut out another pear (upper left) and made a bit more dimension of the fruit as so appropriate for Thanksgiving and fall meals.  The paper is Webster's Pages Petite Papers Collection Triple Pack, which I dearly love every sheet of!  Hope you enjoyed it also.

2 comments:

GLENDA BROOKS said...

What a lovely card and a wonderful reason to create it. Giving to a Nursing Home is very dear to me. A lot of my cards go to my sister, who is a Nurse Practioner at a Nursing Home in our area. She takes my cards to give to those who need a card to give to someone who has done a kindness for them. They seem to love receiving these cards and I enjoy knowing they are going to a loving home!

Linda w said...

Beautiful card Linda. Our fall colors were not so great either. They were there one day and "poof" gone the next.

stamp on...

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!