Thursday, September 23, 2010

Use up that stash!

If you are involved in card making or would just love to get a start, start with just ONE sheet of 12x12 paper - your choice of colors.  Cut your paper to 8.5 x 8.5 saving those precious sides.  Fold opposite sides ON POINT of the 8.5x8.5 square at 3 inches and the opposite sides at 3 5/8 inches.  Fold and tape.  (see above envelope)

Take the remainder of the paper and an 8.5x5.5 sheet of paper - fold that in half to create your card base, add some embellishments or images or just do some stitching (which I did but you can't see) and add a sticker or two.  Wallah you have a card and envelope with matching interior, as well as an extra piece or two for a note.

The little image here is getting some stickles on her heart wand - but I was in a hurry to post tonite.  So she will be beautifully finished by morning.  She was colored by my friend Teresa with copics and Teresa even made the flower out of patterned paper!  Too cute!!!

2 comments:

The Paper Princess said...

Happy Autumn Linda!

I love this idea (read it on the group and didn't get a chance to comment there). Not only is it a great way to use up all of that old paper like you suggested - it's a great way to use all of those old envelope templates that are buried in our closets and drawers just collecting dust!

I also love the frame and the tags on your previous posts!

Drop me a line when you can. I would like to know (if you know) - on the beautiful card I received from you in our recent swap - I was in the last group - you used a beautiful corner punch to decorate the top layer. I would like to know what punch that was. I have a GC for HL and if they carry it, I may consider picking it up!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Lelia Pierce said...

Very awesome, lady! I love the idea of DP envies! You are just too clever! :O)

XXX

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!