Wednesday, June 23, 2010

UP, GO - DO!!

Today was my UP, GO and DO day! No sitting on the internet for any unnecessary time - get up, go and do.....clean up craft shelves. Donate items to freecycle. I even gave away a dehumidifier since we had purchased an eco-friendly one. This gentleman was extremely happy to get it too - as his basement was way too wet right now with all the rains we are getting.

So I then decided to make up cards with bits of leftover cardkits!!! Isn't this a treasure of a friendship card? I know, you didn't think it was a card. You thought it was a flower perhaps? It's actually created out of cardstock - the original base which you can hardly see anymore came from a card kit a friend in Louisiana rakked me with. So I distressed the front of it, added 1/2 in a coordinating patterned paper, glittered the edges of the distressed area and added flowers and crocheted flowers with gems and then a little note for the friend it will go to.

I always love to add a bit of 'me' to everything I touch - and I love to create these crocheted flowers in many colors.

I hope this inspired you to take something pretty plain and make it your own creation! UP, GO and DO tomorrow!!!

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Cute card! Love the distressed look..and I adore those crochet flowers!! hugs,T

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!