Wednesday, June 2, 2010

THE BERRY BEST



It's strawberry season in lower Wisconsin! The ripe beauties are relished by man and bird alike as we found out. A robin had pecked his way thru our netting to devour a tummy full of juice! We lifted the net and let him out and then repaired the hole.

So from there I decided it's time again to get my "YOU'RE THE BERRY BEST" Stampin' Up set out of mothballs! I haven't used it in a long time and it's a joy to use. Bad me!

This lovely bunch of berries will go to a certain birthday daughter this month - think she'll like it?

I used liquid glass on the berries to make them really pop! What upset me is the way the scanner seems to shine on the liquid glass and dull it! Trust me they are a beautiful red!!! I did a hybrid of color on the berries - mostly water brush but the basket and rafia ribbon are all copics! A bit of magic mesh in the background, a bit of distressing with my BazzInks and wallah!

Happy Strawberry Shortcake to you too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!! As always, amazing work!! --Melissa

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!