Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friends on the flowers!


I have no idea what type insect they are. They seem to appear to be relatives of the dragonfly! But how precious to find them mating on one of the iris petals this morning. We now have 14 flowers open on that beautiful iris plant! All around me now are lavender irises, and white irises with deep purple petals as well as this beautiful orange one.

Sorry I'm so late in posting anything.......been busy sending out cards to friends and trying to get a grasp on my card making in bulk.

And making rhubarb crunch! Here is the recipe in case you are so inclined to enjoy a Midwest delight! This recipe is the very best in my collection!!!

RHUBARB CRUNCH

1 c flour
3/4 c quick cooking oats
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c melted butter
4 c raw rhubarb, cut up (you can use frozen as well)
1 c water
1 to 2 c sugar
3 TBSP cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
(and perhaps a pinch of cinnamon!)

Combine first 4 ingreds in med bowl, mix well. Remove 1/4 of the crumb
mixture and set aside. Press remainder in a 9x9 glass dish or pan. Place
rhubarb over crust. Combine sugar, water, cornstarch and vanilla in heavy
saucepan. Cook over med heat until thickened. Pour filling over rhubarb
and top with reserved crumb mixture.

Bake 350 50 to 60 min.

Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream!

So I hope you are having a lovely weekend!
:) Linda

1 comments:

Kelly Bee said...

sounds delicious (the dessert, not the insects!) I think I'll try it the next time I'm lucky enough to get some fresh rhubarb.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!