Monday, March 15, 2010

New Shoes Cure the Blues

Do they really? Hard to believe I don't even own a REALLY NEW pair of shoes, and have relatively 1 pair for each occasion I hardly ever need, including hiking. But I love to wear good comfie shoes.

Lately I've been on this shoe/card fettish and having a blast. My friend Mary sent me the diecuts of the shoes on this 5x7 card after making them with her SLICE machine. She also sent some mini stamps including the "new shoes cure the blues" quote on this card.

Today Nancy sent me 3 Hero Arts shoe stamps and I'll be using them as well. Holley has some in storage for me - this is turning out to be a lot of fun. And I do have to make up more cards for swaps and all occasions, so why not use shoes?! Thanks ladies for feeding my fettish!

Materials used:
  • Acrylic stamp manufacturer unknown
  • K&Co Urban Photo Mat
  • Diecuts from friend's SLICE cartridge
  • Background cs Provocraft Apple Red
  • Gold cs mfg. unknown
  • Black ribbon from stash
  • BG Designer Rhinestones
Our temps today hit 62.6 official degrees, and it feels so heavenly! I even got hubbie out to help clean out the rest of the flower beds we didn't get done yesterday! Maybe it is time for new shoes!!!

5 comments:

Holley said...

I love this shoe card!! Too cute.

Teresa said...

Love the shoes!! Soo cute! hugs,T

The Paper Princess said...

Love these shoes! I just completed a HUGE ATC swap and several of my cards were shoe-themed as well!

Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Great card!

Jean said...

Great idea! So glad you played along at Just Scraps!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave a little love!